ERWAT: 20 years of excellence
Welcome to ERWAT's website.
ERWAT celebrates its 20 years of service excellence in 2013.
ERWAT offers a full range of expert services, including:
- Expertise and experience in all aspects of wastewater management
- Consultation, sourcing of facilitation of services to address your needs
- Comprehensive SANAS 17025 accredited laboratory services
- Industrial wastewater quality management ;
- Mechanical and electrical engineering
ERWAT Laboratory services
ERWAT Laboratory services, a SANAS 17025 accredited laboratory, offers the water industry a wide variety of services in the fields of chemical and microbiological analyses, as well as expert advice on water-related problems.
The main objectives are:
- Serves clients and the environment
- Supports clients in wastewater investigations
- Analyses low to high-range concentrations on samples
- Handles large volumes of samples
- Offers affordable scientific services in a short turnaround time
ERWAT's Green Drop status
The Department of Water (DWA) launched, in late 2008, a Green Drop certification program for wastewater care works. This initiative is an effort to ensure that they progressively improve their operations so as not to impact negatively on the water bodies into which they discharge their product.
The proposed system aims at awarding water services authorities with Blue and/or Green Drop Status if they comply with drinking water and wastewater legislation and other best practices required by DWA. This incentive-based regulatory approach is a first for South Africa, and is internationally regarded as unique in the drinking water regulatory domain.